Friday, October 5, 2007

I GOT A JOB!!!!!!


So, last week I told Bryant that I had been thinking about trying to get an at-home job! So I called Transcription Exress and went through an over-the-phone preliminary screening. They called me on Monday and said that I had passed the screeing and wanted me to come in Thursday (yesterday) for an interview/tests. So I went in yesterday and took a typing test, a spelling test and a homonym test. In order to pass you have to type at least 60wpm with 90% accuracy, get at least 27 of the 33 misused homonyms and get 10/12 on the spelling test. I was so darn nervous that I was SURE I failed the typing test! My hands were shaking so bad that afterwards, I could barely even write to take my homonym test. Not only that, they usually only have a few people show up for the interview and there were 20 of us there yesterday!!! They were going to take the top 2 over-all scores and put those two people in a training starting this coming Monday, and then the next four scores in a training the following week. Anyway, so my hopes weren't very high when I left. I was so frustrated because I can type fast and I knew that I had hit the wrong key and gone back to fix it about a million times because my dang hands failed me.
Anyway, at about 4pm or so yesterday afternoon, they called me and said that I typed 68wpm at 97.7% accuracy, scored 11/12 on my spelling test, and got 29/33 homonyms correct (pretty good considering I only found 29 of them). She then asked if I could start training this coming Monday! I almost fell on the floor! I couldn't believe that I was in the top 2. Especially with only typing 68wpm. That is a terrible time, but I guess it was enough to get me through! I was so excited!
So wish me luck with training next week! I still have to find someone to watch my boys M-W because the training runs from 8:30am to 2:30pm and of course Chandler & Kayden are out of school! But I'm sure that will work out fine...just keep your fingers crossed for me that I will catch on and not make them sorry they chose me!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

how exciting tina... your awesome! that is really great. i get really nervous about stuff like that too, but it sounds like you still did good. good luck next week, i know everything will work out for you.

Monroe Family said...

tina, i am so impressed! good for you, I know you'll do great.

The Jones Family said...

Congrats Tina!! You are going to do great!! Good luck!

LACY said...

Tina!!! HI!! Love your blog.

Tarwater Family said...

Tina, Good Luck...I know you will do awsome, you always do well in whatever you put your mind to. Sorry I'm not there or you know I would watch your wonderful boys for sure. I love ya, and miss you a ton!