Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween 2008


So the Scatena family made it through another Halloween! This is one of those holidays that I'm not really that excited about. I have a really hard time spending money on costumes that are worn for an hour, one night, then disposed of 'cause my boys grow too darn fast! So this year we got a $20 costume for Hunter and poor Chandler and Kayden had to wear their football uniforms (I already paid for those, ha ha!). I remembered to snap a picture or two before we ran out the door for trick or treating...don't ask about the face Hunter makes...it is some wierd thing he does for pictures! He was a member of the "Cars" pit crew. He had a really cute Cars hat that he wore for the ward Trunk or Treat last week, but we couldn't find it, so he had to wear the one that came with the costume (which was a little dorky, but oh well...). The boys had a fun time trick or treating and got lots of candy. We were done by 7:30, ordered pizza and ate dinner then watched "Iron Man". All in all a pretty fun night!
In other news...:) Kayden's football team just finished their season 3-6. They were a young team, so they didn't win too many games, but they had a great time and Kayden is an excellent player! He is one of the youngest, yet biggest, kids on the team and he got a lot of playing time. It was fun to watch him and we were very proud of him after every game...he gives it his all! Chandler's team is still in the playoffs. This Saturday they will be playing for the Central Arizona Youth Football Championship! If they win there, they will play for the State title on the 22nd and if they win there, they will go to Florida for Nationals the second week of December!!! It is very fun to watch and the games get more exciting as each week passes! My uncles Steve and Darin coach an older team and they are also still in the playoffs, as well as the team my dad helps coach!!! How fun would that be if we ALL get to go to Florida!! I'll keep you posted!

7 comments:

Tiffanyrose said...

I have been vigilantly checking your blog for updates! Yeah for updates!! Sounds like you did what I did as far as costumes go. The girls wore their recital costumes from last year and Porter wore a pumpkin costume that I already had. Congrats on the play offs! I hope you guys all get to go to Florida.

The Jones Family said...

SO cute! What a good idea for cosutmes! How exciting to all go to Florida, Ill keep my fingers crossed!

Tarwater Family said...

I'm so glad you posted. I think it'a funny how Hunter is obsessed w/ cars. I love watching your boys play. I am so glad to be their aunt. I am crossing my fingers everyone goes to Florida. Hopefully I will be able to go to and support them.

teesha & joel said...

OH NO!!! hunter stopped his cute cheesy smiles :(. i'll miss those. see you were meant to live in australia (cause you're totally moving here some day) they don't even CELEBRATE halloween..love youuu! talk to me soon on skype!

desi and family said...

cute boys! they are growing so fast! John, Daesha and Jerrick are excited to come visit you! They love playing with the boys. Shan wanted to come but I promised Toni a weekend together and Shan doesn't do overnights without me! Hope to see you soon! Desi

teesha & joel said...

just a reminder that i tagged you, and a warning that you better do it. or else.

Monroe Family said...

What cute boys, love the football players :).... Okay, so I promise I will get you Tate's pic soon... I just need to find an envelope big enough :)