Friday, August 10, 2007

I Miss My Sister Already!!!


And she hasn't even left the United States yet. Her and her new in-laws are in California for 2 more days before they catch their flight to Australia. She had to give her phone to my mom though, so I have no way of getting a hold of her. I guess I should get used to it though, since it will probably be a long time before I actually get to hear her voice again. We can talk through email and IM, and of course through our blogs, which by the way I told her she has to update EVERY DAY (including pictures). I will just miss being able to hear her voice. They left for California on Tuesday and believe it or not, I actually hardly cried when they left. Part of the reason is because I am telling myself that either she will come here, or I will go there soon and partly because I think I am in denial of how really far away she will be. Even though I will miss her, I am really excited for her too. Joel's family are some of the best people I have ever met and I will really miss getting to see all of them also. We had so much fun just hanging out with them while they were here. I know they will take good care of her and she is so happy with Joel that I know they will be fine.

It seems these last fews days I am just in a fog. I'm sure most of it is the emotional times I have had over the last few weeks, plus everything I just talked about with Teesha. Then Chandler & Kayden started football on Monday, so we are at the football field from 5:45-8:45pm Monday through Friday!! It has thrown a huge curve in our normal schedule. The boys just eat a snack before football, so they don't get sick, so that means that we are eating dinner at 9:00pm and they aren't getting to bed until at least 9:30pm. I am the business manager for Kayden's team, so I am in charge of getting all the information put together that the league requires for each player (we have 30 on our team) and keeping our team book. It is very time consuming. Then, the league asked me to be a field monitor, so I have the responsibility of inspecting all of the team books for the teams at our field (that is 8 teams) plus dealing with any problems that may come up at the field. There are days I feel I am in way over my head. Poor Hunter, he probably wonders where his mom is every night (even though he is at the field he is with Bryant and I am running around like a crazy lady). I'm not complaining because I love doing things for my boys and the things they are involved in, but it gets overwhelming sometimes. One of the fun things about it is that my Uncles Steve & Darin coach the team right next to us, along with my dad...so it is soooo good to get to see my dad every night and give him a big hug!

So life is good. I get to see baby Beau every day and spend the day with him. He is such a sweetheart. I love everything about that sweet baby.

Sorry I haven't posted as often as I would like. I am hoping we will settle into this new schedule and I will have more time to think. It is actually good therapy, wouldn't you agree???

2 comments:

Britttany said...

i just asked you on your last post about teesh so thanks for the update. i don't know teesh too well, but do you think she will let me visit her too? haha, i would love to. well i'm glad u told her she had to post everyday, because it would be nice to see what's going on with her and joel.

teesha & joel said...

i miss you too! and i'm not even fully gone yet. we're in the los angeles airport, have been for the last three hours and i cant get a hold of you or mom! ahh! :)