Thursday, August 23, 2007

We will miss you Grandma Carr!! We Love You!!




Today has been a hard day for our family. Bryant's grandma that lives in Kingman passed away this afternoon. She was such a sweet lady and I will miss her so much. It was really tough telling the boys. Chandler took it pretty hard and spent almost an hour in his room crying. Kayden cried for a bit, but then was okay. Hunter, of course, doesn't understand what it means, but he was sad to see all of us crying. Of course we all know we will see her again and that her body is whole again, but it is so hard to say goodbye. She has been sick for several months now and was bedridden. So I told my boys that great grandma was in heaven running around and cooking up some good Italian meals for everyone in heaven. That made them smile. She loved to cook and it was so hard for her to be bedridden. Every time I saw her she would say "I just want to get up and cook something for everyone". I know she has a special place in heaven, just for her, where she will be happy and pain free. Life will not be the same without her, but we will always cherish the memories we have with her.


Otherwise, things are crazy busy around here as usual. I feel like was do the same thing, day after day and I haven't been able to just stop and take a breath. I cannot believe the end of the month is next week! I have no idea where the month of August went! Chandler and Kayden are doing great in football. They are both really enjoying it. There games start on the 8th of September and they are really looking forward to that. They have been keeping up really well with school, homework and football. It is a lot for boys their age, but the are handling it good.


Sometimes I wish life wouldn't pass by so fast. Hunter is getting so big and it seems every day he has something new he can do himself! Now he can buckle his own carseat! He is so proud of himself, but it makes me sad that he is slowly getting to the age where he won't need his mom to do everything for him. He's my baby! (and NO I'm not having another one ;o]). I guess I will be the mom crying at the kindergarden door in a couple of years. I never thought that would be me, but if I'm already sad about the carseat, I can only imagine what the first day of kindergarden will be like!!


So I am looking forward to the long weekend (next weekend). I am hoping it will be a time we can just sit back, relax and smell the roses for at least a couple days! Maybe I will even get time to post another blog, and not go WEEKS in between! We'll see what it brings!

3 comments:

The Jones Family said...

Im so sorry about your grandma. That has to be tough. Im glad everything else is going good! Hunter is getting so big!

Terisetta said...

Tina I am so sorry for your loss.. But what a great life to leave behind.. with so many that loved her. It makes me so happy to belive what we do about life after death. Thanks for your commments on Brianne's blog.. you of course are my favorite niece.. you were the 1st.. and your pretty awesome yourself and do everthing for everybody!

teesha & joel said...

Awww...I had no idea. We just got home, I sent you an email a little bit ago. Give Bry and the boys my love and if I were there I'd give you a great big hug. I'll miss her too, the sweetest lady ever. Keep up with your posts (I'm not one to talk I know, but I'll do better) I love you!