Friday, December 7, 2007

Scholar Athlete Banquet

Okay so this is my THIRD post in a week...somebody stop me!!! haha...but seriously this is a record for me!
A few days ago the Chandler Youth Football League had their Scholar Athlete Banquet. This was a banquet to honor all the football players who maintained at least a "B" average in school last year. I am proud to say that both Chandler and Kayden were able to attend. It was held at the Ocotillo Golf Clubhouse and they served brunch (well, really just danishes, bagels and OJ, but they called it brunch). Anyway, after everyone ate they acknowledged each of the kids individually and gave them a "CYF" plin. They also had a few speakers come and one of them was Eric Swan who used to play for the Arizona Cardinals. Now, I'm not much of a Cardinal's follower but I guess he played for them for almost 10 years and is trying to make a comeback. The kids were all excited to get to meet him. The banquet was a lot of fun and I am so proud of both of my boys! Here is a picture of the boys with Eric Swan.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's way cool! i dont know who the guy is but he's huge? and black? haha. how proud are you to have two B average sons? its cause they've got a smart mom! is chandler wearing his hat backwards in his pic? it kinda looks like one of those jewish things they wear on their heads haha :) i love you!